UPDATE: All should be well now. Just download the 1.3 update to Radar In Motion and the maps will work again. Plus, you’ll get all of the features mentioned in the post below. Enjoy and let me know if you have any problems!
The National Weather Service’s server subtly changed something about their website, resulting in Radar In Motion no longer working. I have already submitted the fix as a part of Version 1.3 of the application, which is awaiting approval from Apple. As soon as it is approved, Radar In Motion will work again (and have a lot of new features, too). You will need to download the update when it becomes available. Apologies for the inconvenience.
I just submitted the next version of Radar In Motion to the App Store, so hopefully it will be available later this week. The list of additions is pretty signification, so I think you’ll find the app even more worth your $0.99. Perhaps the biggest benefit of the new version: CRASHES FIXED. I found what was causing the application to quit unexpectedly and I think I’ve been able to fix it. Here is the long list of new features:
- Store favorite searches for quick access
- Access most recent searches
- Choice of maps from the National Weather Service, including Composite Reflectivity, Base Reflectivity, Storm Relative Motion, Base Velocity, One-Hour Precipitation, and Storm Total Precipitation
- Preferences for animation speed and holding the last frame of the animation longer
- Option to show the map legend
- Double-tap to zoom in add to available zooming gestures
- Double-tap to zoom out gesture fixed
- Title now appears as “RadarMotion” instead of “Radar…otion”
Look for the update soon!
I have made Radar In Motion 2.6.1 available for download. It fixes some graphical errors including the inability to click on “Show Border.”
Also, thanks to all of you who have sent me encouraging messages in response to my earlier post about negative reviews. I have been trying to reply to each of you individually, but time spent at work has prevented me from being able to reply to everyone. Know that I am trying, though! But thank for all of your positive feedback, it is very much appreciated.
Watch for Radar In Motion 1.3 for iPhone just around the corner. It adds a huge list of new features that I will mention when it is available in the app store, hopefully later this week!