I have released an update to Radar In Motion for Dashboard. Working on the Yahoo! Widgets version revealed several errors in the handling of NOAA maps, which I fixed. I’ve also added an “Add To Favorites” button on the back of the widget. If you enter information for a map and click on this button, it will add the map to the list of favorites without flipping the widget back to the front. You can then repeat the process for adding several maps. This way, if you like to add a bunch of maps to your widget, you can do so without having to flip back and forth. So to summarize, here are the changes:
- Added “Add To Favorites” button on the back of the widget
- Fixed retrieval of weather alerts for NOAA
- Fixed display of maps for NOAA when deleting a favorite
- Fixed rare problem with maps not being retrieved properly from NOAA
Oh, and as a final tidbit, I’d like to mention, there is a way to upgrade to the new version of the widget without having to re-add all of your maps and change the preferences. Here is the process:
- Download the new version of the widget
- If using Safari, click on “Cancel” when asked if you want to replace the old version of your widget with the new one.
- Move or copy the new version of the widget from your downloads folder to the Library/Widgets folder in your home directory.
- Activate Dashboard and click on an instance of the widget.
- Hit Command + R on the keyboard.
This should reload the instance of the widget, now using the latest version, but without replacing your settings. You can do this for every instance of the widget you have running.
If you have any problems with the widget, let me know!