Radar in Motion 2.0 is ready. Right now, a beta version is available. Please send any probably you are having to me. I don’t want to make this a final release until it has been tested by other people. I have tested it myself and have fixed the problems I have discovered. I believe version 2.0 is pretty stable at this point. The new features in 2.0 are:
- The ability to remember several maps and rotate through them. First, select a map on the preferences side. If you want to keep the map, click on the little “+” in the lower right-hand corner. This map is now stored. If you go to the preferences and choose another map and do the same, it will store that map, too. Use the up and down buttons (or up and down arrow keys) to circulate thorugh the different maps. You can also have the widget rotate the maps for you.
- NOAA Support. This is the second most requested feature behind the ability to remember several maps. You can now choose your source, Weather.com or NOAA. If you have several maps saved and then switch sources, the maps will be retrieved from the new source. Note, however, that NOAA does not support all of the maps found in Weather.com. In the event you use Weather.com and have map remembered that is not present at NOAA, the widget will remember the map nonetheless and display it if you ever switch back to Weather.com. Select the source under the Updating section of prefernces. Note, I will not be making the widget able to select the source on a per-map basis.
- All new preferences, divided into categories
- Complete information on options in preferences
- More map not loading fixes
- Fixed retrieval of weather alerts
- Keyboard shortcuts for moving through animation (left and right to move within a map, up and down to switch maps)
- Double-click to maximize (double map size)
Please let me know if you experience any problems!