Help from Widget Back
Radar In Motion has several settings that are detailed here. If you need additional help, please go to the Radar In Motion website. Basically, choose a map to load and click on the “Done” button. The map will be remembered each time you start the widget. If you want multiple maps to be available every time you open RiM, click the “+” button in the lower right-hand corner of the widget for the current map. Select another map through the preferences and click on the “+” button on the front when it is the displayed map. You can add any number of maps you want to the display in this way. If you want to store many maps, select the map you want and click the “Add to Favorites” button on the back of the widget. You can then select another map and hit the “Add to Favorites” button again. After you have entered the last map, click the “Done” button and now all of your maps will be available.
The number of maps you currently have stored appears in a button in the lower right-hand area. Clicking on this button rotates to the next map. The up and down arrow keys will also rotate between maps. To remove a map, click on the “-” button in the lower right-hand corner on the front of the widget.
- Maps - Select maps to be displayed
- Region: Where in the world?
- Map: Which map to get?
- City: If you selected “Regional Radar (enter city)” from Map, input the desired city. This only can be set if you have chosen “United States” from Region and “Regional Radar (enter city)” from Map
- Display - Choose options for displaying maps.
- Animation Speed: How fast should the animated radar go (in ms)?
- Rotate Maps: Check if you want all of the maps you have selected to rotate periodically or at the end of the animation sequence (or both). For the former, input how often you want them to rotate.
- Hold last map: Pause the animation on the last map in the animation sequence.
- Show alerts: Show severe weather alerts.
- Show border: Display the border on the widget.
- Update - From where and when to get the maps
- Source: Retrieve maps from either NOAA or Weather.com. Each instance of the widget can only retrieve from one source at a time. NOAA does not have some of the maps that Weather.com has. If you have saved as a favorite a map that is at Weather.com and not at NOAA, the map will still be stored, just not displayed. If you switch back to Weather.com as a source, the map will reappear.
- Update: Check for new maps either at a set interval or whenever Dashboard is opened (or both). Specify the number of minutes between updates.
- Save Maps: Store maps locally on the hard drive for the amount of time specified.
- Other Features
- Maximize: Double click on the map to double its size. Double click again to return to the old size
- Manual Updated: Use the “Refresh” button to manually update the maps
- Control the animation: Stop and start the animation with the “Stop” and “Start” buttons. When the animation is stopped, use the arrow buttons to move in the animation. Left and right move within the current map. You may also use the arrow keys.
- Get a more detailed map: For cities with a more detailed view, click on the “300M/100M/600M” button (for Weather.com) or the “Long/Short” button (for NOAA) to get a map that is more or less zoomed in. Not all cities have this option.